Progress Report: October 27, 2013

I went to my friend’s house to help build 3 new chassis for our school’s FTC team.
Alan and Frank set up PR2Lite to have its own wifi hub and connected the pr2lite_rosbridge GUI to it and drove Pr2Lkite around the garage for the first time in a long while.  Based on this test, we’ve decided to upgrade the parallax encoders to the 36-Position Quadrature Encoder Set so that we can improve the pid accuracy and hopefully get wheel speeds more synchronized.
Alan has been trying to upgrade PR2Lite to run on Ubunto 13,04, Hydro, and MoveIt.  Progress is painfully slow as each step taken fails out-of-the-box and requires extensive deugging.
Advertisements